Monday, March 4, 2013

Do not read this!

Ye'llo,

That's how I would answer my phone if I were a man. "Ye'llo!"
Instead of my girly and meekish "he...llo?" See the difference? If you as a girl would answers the phone with a powerful statement like "Ye'llo!" people will automatically think of you as a woman who wears comfortable shoes,  chews tobacco, and who in addition to saying "Ye'llo?" says things like:
"Y-up." before spitting out a wad of brown-ish chew onto your comfortable shoe.

Not that there's anything wrong about being the Ultimate Tom-boy--I, myself, was an astonishing tomboy until the age of nine--but it may confuse people when they later meet you or already have met you, wearing high-heels accompanied by a tiny purse which holds nothing, because it's not meant to be practical.

Okay, believe it or not, this--meaning the unjustified rant above--was not my intention to blog about today.
I just had an amazing writing day on SILENCING SAPPHIRE and feel as though I'm finally out of my rough patch.
I'd been tapping away for 8 hours straight, thanks to 56 gallons of instant coffee--not tasty, but it does the trick--and as I closed my laptop I felt really good about the script. Exhilarated, invincible, and much like superman.
Besides from having someone else read your novel and have them like it, that moment, right there, is what I live for as a writer. It's what makes the hours, days, weeks, months, and years of work worth it all.
Never mind that I might wake up tomorrow, overlook what I did the day before and say: "Who wrote this sh*t!?" then delete it all, just to start all over again.

It doesn't sound very fun, I know, but then other mornings I wake up and look over what I wrote the day before and I go: "Meh." those Mehs mean, that's not half bad. Which also gives you a very nice and rewarding feeling.

Whether I'll wake up tomorrow, and say "Meh." or "Sh*t!" it doesn't matter right now, because in this very moment I feel like a million bucks...or maybe, more realistically for me, who just came back from a very expensive vacation, 123 dollars and 67 cents.

I apologize about this post, but this is what happens after 8 hours of uninterrupted writing and 56 gallons of coffee. If you didn't make it past the over-debated "Ye'llo!" I won't hold it against you, but in my defense I did warn you in the title. If you did make it all the way down here, then I applaud you. Well done.

Until more lucid times,
Mia





 




No comments:

Post a Comment