Friday, September 27, 2013

Book Club Tidbits - Week 4

Hello Everyone,

We are now into week 4 of the Stalking Sapphire Book Club on Wattpad and as always, I have some tidbits to go along with the chapters.

Tidbits Chapters 10-12

1. In chapter 10, Aston manages to get out of the mess with the French CEO by allowing him to park anywhere he wants.
According to Aston, it was a good deal for the guy; finding parking in Beverly Hills was a bi**h.

Finding parking in Beverly Hills is a bi**h!
Like I've mentioned before, I lived there for a short period of time. Even after I moved away, one of my favorite restaurants were on Rodeo Dr. and my husband and I would go for their super cheap happy hour a couple times a month. Every time, we had to calculate when we'd be hungry and leave an hour ahead of schedule to find parking.
Sure, there was valet, conveniently located around the corner of the restaurant, for 25 dollars. It was more than our meal would cost and it wasn't an option.
We'd circle Rodeo Dr. for a minimum of 45 minutes waiting for one the BMWs, or Bentleys to leave. When they finally did, we'd have to fight of the other vultures circling Rodeo so that we could park our crappy Sebring convertible with a busted bumper.
In short, if you're ever in Beverly Hills...walk.

2. In chapter 11, Sapphire pulls over at Urth Caffé in Beverly Hills to kick Chrissy out of the car.

I used to go to Urth Caffé off Beverly Dr. and had a love, hate relationship with the place.
The Love: Everything--coffee, pastry, sandwiches--is organic and delicious.
The Hate: The place tends to get celebrities.
I know that would seem like a fun thing, but I get awkward around famous people. When I first see them, I feel like I'm supposed to say 'hello' because their faces are so familiar. Then I realize I don't know them at all, but staring anyway. I'm sure they're used to it, but also find it highly annoying. That's when my awkwardness sets in and I do one of two things: stare at the ground intensely. Or, accidentally give them the stink eye.
I once gave Jennifer Love Hewitt  a really mean scowl when I passed her in the parking lot of a grocery store.  Meanwhile, I was thinking: God, you were funny in Heartbreakers.
She looked a bit confused, then scowled back at me.
The story has changed over the years and is now known as the when-Jennifer Love Hewitt-scowled-at-me-in-the-parking-lot incident.

More Tidbits next week!

Xoxo,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment